When you visit our website, we collect information on the efficiency and working of our site. The types of information your browser or Internet session automatically sends us each time you visit one of our sites, which we automatically collect, includes:
- Your browser, e.g., Safari, Chrome, Edge, Firefox
- Your Internet domain, e.g., Gmail, Comcast, Bellsouth
- Your computers operating system, e.g., Windows, Macintosh, UNIX, Linux.
- Your navigation path, i.e., the URLs of where you come to our site from, which of our pages you visit, and where you go as you leave.
Your IP address
This information lets us see how users find our sites, and it tells us which pages users visit most frequently so we can make our Web sites more useful. We keep this information for an indefinite amount of time to improve the operation of our site and to provide better services to our users.
What We Collect
Much of what you likely consider personal data is collected directly from you. We collect data from those who register for accounts--reviewers and outfitters.
Outfitters and reviewers:
- When you register for CastnBlast Advisor as a reviewer, limited information is required. For account identification purposes, we ask for your name and email address.
- When you register for CastnBlast Advisor as an outfitter, we will ask a slew of questions about your business in order to get a better sense of the legitimacy and nature of your outfitter. Some of this information includes name, location, activities offered, address, contact information, and photos of the outfitter.
How We Use It
We use your information, both personal and analytical, for the following purposes:
- To better understand the customer demographic, allowing us to focus on the products and news that are most relevant
- To better understand how customers are accessing our website so that we can optimize and tailor our website design to meet the average users’ needs.
- To customize the content and information that we display to each customer, and make sure that your experience is personalized based on your preferences.
- To provide relevant news, offers, and promotions based on your demographic, interests, and preferences
- To contact you via text message or email, if you have opted to receive updates and offers through these platforms
- To comply to legal obligations
How we store, secure and retain information we collect
We use data hosting service providers in the United States to host the information we collect, and we use technical measures to secure your data. While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others. If you have not opted out of its use, we may share it with our data licensees, including our advertising clients and their vendors, and other advertising partners. How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information. We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal data we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored. We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes.
‘Do Not Track’ notifications
Some browsers have incorporated "Do Not Track" (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, our Services do not currently respond to browser DNT signals. You can use the range of other tools we provide to control data collection and use, including the ability to opt out of receiving marketing from us as described above.
Opt-Out, Your Choices and Changing Information
You may choose whether or not you receive communications from us. You may also opt out or change or modify information you have previously provided to us by contacting us by doing any one of the following:
- Our site provides users the opportunity to opt out of receiving communications from us at the point where we request information about the visitor.
- Marketing Email Opt-out: Each of our marketing email communications includes an opt-out link. You may click on that link and opt out from receiving marketing email.
- Opt Out Now: Click at the bottom of our emails to opt out. You may also opt out or change or modify information you have previously provided to us by contacting us by doing any one of the following:
- Send an email to us at: email@example.com
Disclosures for California Residents
As of January 1, 2020, The California Consumer Privacy Act Statement (CCPA) requires disclosure of the categories of personal information collected over the past 12 months. California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is being shared for direct marketing purposes. California residents may request up to two times each year that we disclose to you categories and specific pieces of personal information that we may have collected about you.
The categories of personal information that we collect – as described by the CCPA – are:
- Identifiers, including name, email address, company name, address
- Other individual records such as phone number, billing address, mailing address, or credit or debit card information. This category includes personal information protected under pre-existing California law (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e))
- Demographics, such as your age or gender. This category includes data that may qualify as protected classifications under other California or federal laws.
- Commercial information, including purchases and engagement with the Services.
- Internet activity, including your interactions with our Services and what led you to our Services.
- Inferences, including information about your interests, preferences and favorites.
The Purposes for Our Collection
We collect and use these categories of personal information for our business and commercial purposes described in the “Information Uses, Sharing and Disclosure” Section above, including providing and improving the Services, maintaining the safety and security of the Services, processing purchase and sale transactions, and for advertising and marketing services.
Third Party Marketing and Advertising and Your Rights (Opt-Out)
CastnBlast Advisor does not sell personal information to third parties for monetary value.
Disclosures for European Residents
The General Data Protection Regulation Privacy Statement (GDPR) allows European Resident’s the right to access your personal data, and the right to request, edit or delete your personal data. As European Residents, you’re able to ask us to change the processing of your personal information, request portability (request we send this data to a third-party), and object to processing of data. If we’ve gained your information through consent, then you are able to withdraw consent at any time. You are able to view your profile information and unsubscribe or opt-out in marketing emails that we send. Note that you will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data. Additionally, we may need to request further information to help you confirm your identify.
If you have any questions or comments, you may contact us at:
661 Highland Ave Suite 103G, Needham MA 02494
want to change the personally identifiable information you have provided to us. You may
contact us by any of the following means:
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org